A successful business owner, corporate consultant, frequent Young Presidents’ Organization resource and former police detective, Nancy Hightshoe’s 20 years as a speaker / trainer have brought high demand for her presentation and consulting services. Her unique experience and training have provided a strong resource for Fortune 500 corporations, government agencies, associations and educational institutions throughout the United States and in seventeen foreign countries on six continents.
Her expertise in management training, executive development and employee and organizational relations has furnished her with the advisory skills necessary to help executives contend with the corporate challenges they face today.
Programs must be motivational in order to encourage an enthusiasm for improving performance and changing behavior. Nancy’s presentations definitely inspire such enthusiasm. Her topics include Leadership, Resilience and Negotiation as well as Change Management and Personal Safety. The focus and information in these seminars is constantly being up-dated so that she can present audiences with Top of the Moment responses which reflect current business trends.
- One of Nancy’s greatest strengths is her ability to customize seminars to meet the needs of her clients. Her presentations consistently generate an enthusiastic response. Her natural capacity for building an easy rapport with her audiences contributes significantly to program value.
- Nancy’s background as a pioneer in the field of criminal justice adds an extraordinary perspective to her presentations. She served nine years with the St. Louis County Department of Police and was one of the first women in the nation to patrol in a one-officer beat cruiser on all three shifts. She designed the extremely effective St. Louis County Rape Squad and, as a detective with that unit, made more than 125 felony arrests resulting in more than 1000 years of penitentiary sentences. Her case clearance rate was 85%. (The national average is 49%.) She continues to train police detectives and military investigators. Ms. Hightshoe has been certified in both State and Federal courts as an Expert Witness in felony sex crime trials.
- Nancy holds a Master’s Degree in Human Relations and in The Administration of Justice and a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology. She completed a two year advanced course of study with an internationally recognized Change Management Institute.
- Nancy Hightshoe has presented nationally-broadcast teleconferences for the National Technological University. These courses were designed to improve the people skills of technical managers. She has lectured at the FBI National Academy and has taught “Ethics and Decision Making” at the college level.
- Nancy has been named to both THE WORLD’S WHO’S WHO OF WOMEN and WHO’S WHO IN AMERICAN WOMEN.
- Nancy regularly appears on-camera as well as assists with story ideas and statistical background for the NBC affiliate in St. Louis. KSDK, NewsChannel 5, is consistently rated the #1 news station in the metropolitan area of three million Missouri and Illinois viewers.
- A Fortune 100 corporation contracted with her to be their Chief Advisor and Media Spokesperson for a region-wide marketing / promotion campaign. Her responsibilities included radio interviews aired, whenever possible, during the time period identified by ARBITRON as having a high number of listeners. For example, according to ARBITRON, the interview with Nancy on behalf of the client which aired on KSD, was heard by a quarter of a million listeners. KSD is a radio station whose audience is comprised mainly of community-oriented individuals and professionals in the 25 and older age range, so the product was brought to the attention of influential potential customers.
- Her contract also included presenting seminars to the general public which served as marketing and media opportunities for the client.
- In addition, Nancy contributed suggestions to the corporation’s brochure, Crucial Connections, which was made available to the public.
- Nancy completed an advanced media relations training program in conjunction with her spokesperson work. The course was designed and taught at the Fleishman-Hillard International Headquarters. Fleishman-Hillard is one of the best-known public relations firms with offices throughout the world.
- Past television appearances have included the Sally Jesse Raphael Showand the Sonja Friedman Show. Feature newspaper interviews have appeared in The Chicago Tribune, The Houston Chronicle, The Spokesman Review (Spokane, WA) and The St. Louis Post-Dispatch as well as numerous corporate and association newsletters and magazines. She has been interviewed on radio shows in such distant locations as Johannesburg, South Africa and in towns large and small throughout the United States.